Join the Healthy and Hearty Club - Ms. M’s Ultimate Clubhouse Sandwich
By: Marylaine Viernes
Ms. M is a certified pro when it comes to building exceptional businesses, lasting relationships and ties… and also yummy Clubhouse sandwiches that kids of all ages will love wolfing down the last morsel!
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
• 2 loaves or 24 slices of bread, preferably honey wheat or multi-grain wheat bread
• 16-20 slices of cooked bacon
• 12 slices of black forest ham
• 16 slices of smoked turkey
• 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 10 large pieces of lettuce
• 3 sliced large avocadoes
• 12 regular slices of Swiss cheese (American cheese is a good alternative)
• Mayonnaise for spreading
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Lightly toast the bread only enough to hold the hefty deli slices in place.
• Spread mayo on the bottom slices of the sandwiches only and then place 2-3 slices of bacon atop the mayo spread, and then put pieces of Swiss cheese and then the tomato slices before topping with another slice of bread.
• Lay two slices each of ham and turkey strips on top of the first layer of bread, and then paces the lettuce and avocado. You may or may not spread mayonnaise on this layer, as it depends on your taste preferences. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste before covering it with another slice of bread.
• Cut in half and then hold together with large toothpicks. You may also opt to cut the bread in 4 as with the traditional manner.
• Pack gently in paper-lined sandwich baskets and enjoy!
Stack ‘em up or eat them on sandwich at a time… you and your loved ones are guaranteed to have one tasty, toasty great picnic time!