Mango Loco Crunchy Salsa Dip and Chips!
By: Marylaine Viernes
Go for summertime gold with fresh, crunchy golden chips with exquisite sunshine mango dip that will make everyone surely go loco over and even do the salsa dance during your picnic!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
• 1 large mango – ripe, sweet and juicy!
• 4 Roma tomatoes diced into ¼ cubes. Make sure that it is neither green nor overripe.
• 1 cup of chopped cilantro
• 1 lime
• 1 red pepper
• ½ red onion
• 1 Jalapeño pepper
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• A pinch of black pepper
• Chop up Cilantro to fine pieces and then dice the fresh tomatoes and mango. The smaller the pieces the better, but make sure that the mangoes are not too mushed. Try to retain the solidity of the tomatoes and especially the mangoes. Toss these gently together in a salad bowl.
• Taking a food processor, gather the red Onion, red pepper, and jalapeño and pulse until finely chopped, then add this mixture to the bowl with the mangoes, tomatoes and cilantro.
• Add a dash of salt and then extract the juice of the lime over the bowl, gently stirring the mixture until finely incorporated.
• Serve immediately, or place in the fridge for a few hours to allow the salsa to chill and all of the flavors to mingle (recommended).
• Before you throw away those Jalapeno pepper seeds, think again! The seeds of the Jalapeño Pepper determine the level of spice, so feel free to add as many or as little as you would like. Ms. M recommends ¼ of the seeds for medium and still enjoyable heat and that extra zing with every bite!
• Grab your favorite tortilla chips, and you can even throw in some nice, crunchy celery and carrot sticks and you’ll have everyone in your picnic go loco over this delightful and healthy mango salsa mix! Prepare for everyone to ask for more and go, “Mango-oh lala!”