Mint to be
“Virgin Mint Mojito,” a refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage
Ms. M adds her own special twist to the popular “virgin mint mojito,” a refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage. Tangy, savvy, sweet, and all the sensations, here is another treat that cleanses the palate and complements hearty, homemade dishes this season of hearts! Preparing the following (yields 2 tall glass or mason jar servings):
1. 2 tbsp lime juice
2. 1 tbsp honey or basic syrup
3. 24 mint leaves
4. Choose a gusher. Options are Sprite, sparkling water, club soda, or ginger ale.
5. 1 lime, sliced in half (a half for each of the drink glasses)
6. Ice cubes
• Start by getting the glass or mason jars, and then put in the lime juice, sliced limes, syrup or honey.
• Before adding in the mint leaves, crush or muddle the leaves to bring out the zest and most of all, release the essential oils. Don’t overdo it, maximum of 12 leaves only per glass or jar as it can cause your concoction to turn bitter and unpleasant. Let it sit for about 20 seconds.
• Fill the glasses with ice, and then pour in your Gusher. Ms. M recommends Sprite as it complements the fusion of flavor best and also ginger ale, for a healthier mix.
• Garnish with the lemon slices and a mint leaf on the side. Serve and enjoy!
To spice things up, you can also spike this drink by simply adding 2 table spoons of your favorite vodka, along with 2 teaspoons of lemon or lime juice per glass or mason jar before you pour in the gusher. Sprite and club soda mingle best with vodka. Don’t forget to garnish one side of the cocktail glass with iodized salt along with the lemon slice and mint leaf.