By: Marylaine Viernes
Achieve your most beautiful self at the comfort of your home with these simple, natural and affordable ingredients
1: Say ‘Aloe’ to beautiful skin: Aloe vera face pack
* Aloe vera has been used for thousands of years to strengthen and lengthen hair, but it
also works major wonders for the skin!
* It boosts the skin’s natural ability to heal and it also has anti-aging capabilities. Plus, it
helps keep inflammation at bay, all thanks to the vitamins A, C and E which it is
naturally rich with. It also helps combat the effects of bad habits such as leading a
stressful life, smoking and poor diet.
* The aloe vera face mask is something you can pamper yourself with 1-2 times per
week. All you’ll need are 2 fresh aloe vera leaves and 1/2 lemon. Add in a tablespoon
of raw honey to make your mask stick better on your face, not to mention the wondrous
effects that honey can throw into the mix. You may also use a thin strip of cloth to serve
as an actual mask, similar to the packed masks available in most beauty stores.
* Combine the ingredients in a food processor and then pour them in the face cloth or put
it straight on your face, massaging your temples, T-zone and chin with circular motions
to help with both blood flow and absorption.
* Keep the mask on for 15 minutes, then rinse your face gently with warm water. You
will instantly see, feel and even smell the amazing results!
#2: Green and Bare it: The Green Tea Toner Mist
* Green tea equalizes the skin’s pH level after cleansing and it also eliminates any leftover residues from makeup and foam cleansers. More importantly, green tea is as effective an antioxidant when applied externally, as much as it works amazingly on the inside. Green tea is also known to help boost the skin’s moisture, making it more plump and supple!
* To create your own amazing green tea toner, just take 1/4 cup of brewed green tea that you’ve aside and cooled. Add 1/8 cup of filtered water and combine both in a 4-ounce lidded glass jar or spritz bottle.
* For a nice, fresh scent and additional health benefits, add in 1/8 cup of pure, freshly squeezed juice. Recommended are pomegranate or lemon. Zest from citrus fruits work best to create a scent-sational toner!
* Simply combine the ingredients into the bottle and give it a good thorough shake for about 1 minute, ensuring it is blended well.
* It can be used in two ways: as a facial mist, or as a traditional toner poured into a cotton ball and applied after cleansing and prior to applying moisturizer.
* Use your DIY toner up to two times a day, morning and evening. During the summer when it’s extra hot you can apply up to 3 times a day. Also keep it stored in the fridge to keep it cool and fresh longer
#3: Hitting the high oats: Moisturizing Oatmeal Mask
* Don’t throw that cup of leftover oatmeal just yet! It can be the answer to acne breakouts, oily skin, dry skin problems and all other skin care concerns.
* Using that cup of cooled oatmeal, add in a half teaspoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of pureed cucumber and if you’d like, throw in a tablespoon of sugar-free yogurt.
* Mix in all the ingredients thoroughly ideally in a wooden bowl, making sure that all the ingredients are perfectly blended, creating a smooth consistency.
* Apply with a facial brush or if using your fingers, massage in gently in circular motions.
* Leave it on your face for 15-20 minutes then rinse well with warm water.
* Apply your favorite moisturizer or sunblock and proceed with your day. This concoction is safe for daily use and your skin will surely thank you! And there you have it; three extremely easy, effective and fun beauty fixes that you can do at home! The best past is that you will instantly see amazing results and with consistency, achieve more supple, glowing and youthful skin. The best part is that you no longer have to spend so much on beauty products with ingredients which may cause more harm than good in the long run. Advocate for yourself, be your own health and beauty adviser, because we know ourselves and our bodies best!
Beauty begins with You... be good to yourself; stick to natural and be